Educational consultation with a midwife including breastfeeding advice
We know how stressful the first days after the baby is born can be for parents. Therefore, to meet their expectations, we have extended our offer to include postnatal consultations with midwives.
In addition to a classic home visit, patients can also count on professional breastfeeding advice to help them solve their breastfeeding problems (or address their concerns).
Postnatal consultations are held by qualified midwives with many years of experience in working with new mums and their babies. Consultations include the following:
- general assessment of the health of the newborn and their mother;
- evaluation of the degree of healing of the perineal wound or caesarean section wound;
- tips on newborn’s bathing and care techniques;
- assessment of the degree of shrinking of the uterus after childbirth;
- advice for the mother on healthy eating patterns (important during breastfeeding).
During postnatal consultations with a midwife, our patients receive a range of information useful during the puerperium period, including comprehensive breastfeeding advice, which makes breastfeeding easier. Postnatal consultations include the following:
- taking medical history and observation of the mother;
- examination of the baby;
- breast examination;
- evaluation of the sucking function;
- observation of breastfeeding.
On the basis of the collected information, the midwife makes a diagnosis and, if necessary, refers for additional examinations and tests (e.g. biochemical tests, breast ultrasound, breast milk culture evaluation and nipple lesion swab) or to a specialist – a paediatrician, surgeon, dermatologist, ENT specialist or neurologist.