Educational consultation with a midwife including baby’s sleep consultation
Having the safety of babies and their parents’ comfort in mind, we have expanded our offer to include baby’s sleep consultations. At Medicover Hospital, we are well aware of the importance of the first months of a newborn baby’s life, so caregivers can take advantage of advice from specialists in this field not only in our modern centres, but also during home visits.
As the first year is a period of dynamic development of the child and sleep undoubtedly has an impact on its quality, it is worth taking care to develop good sleep habits. Our qualified staff hold baby’s sleep consultations at the highest level. Home visits by midwives with many years of experienceallow parents to find answers to their questions.
Issues discussed during the meetings include the following:
- the impact of sleep on the baby’s development;
- the total amount of the baby’s sleep per day;
- baby’s day and night sleep needs;
- developmental leaps;
- gadgets that support and disrupt baby’s development;
- reasons for crying, types of crying and ways to sooth a crying baby;
- safe sleep principles;
- optimal periods when the baby is awake;
- habituation and its impact on protecting the baby’s sleep.
During the consultation, our specialists, based on the specific expectations of parents, help to identify the problem and solve it. The consultation includes the following:
- baby’s behaviour and primitive reflexes assessment;
- obtaining information about the day and night rhythm, surroundings and sleep arrangements;
- assessment of the parents’ relationship with the baby (including answering their questions);
- giving the parents information about the baby’s needs and behaviour and explaining the importance of monitoring the baby at all times;
- preparation of a comprehensive Sleep Improvement Schedule.
The first visit lasts about 2 hours.